- in-nomine-veritas said:Aren't you worried that Khans will be harder for newer players to actually get a decent hold of because of the fetch lands in it? We all know people are going to buy, not to mention hoard this set until the end of time.
This isn’t a limited release product. We’ll make as much as players want to purchase.
- twirly-stache said:You say "morph represents ancient draconic magic that is currently used as a means to hide the identity of combatants". Are you certain Morph isn't actually present for the purposes of Limited? Given it seems to be the driving force and intended environment for the clan mechanics, are you really absolutely certain?
If we wove the actual design reasoning into the official storyline, it would get interesting. : )
- deus-amoeba said:When Khans was still attempting to be 4 clans, did you consider trying to define them by the absence of a colour like the Nephilim or was that never seen as an option?
The period of the four clans didn’t last very long.
- raptor1980 said:Do you consider fetches as duals?
- rond-en-l-air said:maro, i love abzan but i have a flavor beef with outlast: that creatures who use it can't block next turn. i don't mind sacrificing the attack, but it seems like creatures who outlast should be able to block. did you play around with it a lot in design?
If you are outlasting, you are giving up doing anything else. That’s the interesting strategic choice.
- coriell1 said:I think one of the depressing things about Khans not being a wedge block, similar to Theros not being Enchantmirrodin, is that the mere existence of a wedge set makes seeing a wedge block at any point in the near future an impossibility. Is there any hope for those with dashed expectations?
Let you in on a little bit of truth. The lesson of Shards of Alara block is there’s really not enough design space for an entire block of...