New article series coming soon! (and emblems/tokens!)
Like a boss
As close as you will ever be to a nuclear explosion
THIS IS FUCKING TERRIFYING
No thank you.
The columns of smoke in the foreground are telephone poles boiling
This is way cooler to look at than it should be
Science side of Tumblr would like to add:
Heat is generally transmitted in 3 forms: conduction, convection, radiation.
The fact that the telephone poles and wires are boiling away well before the shockwave hits them indicates that the heat from the explosion has not reached them by convection (much slower than the speed of sound) or by conduction (at best, comparable to the speed of sound), but purely by radiation. In other words: the explosion is bright enough to boil everything.
reblogging again for what engineer—cat said
From Sophie de Oliveira Brata’s Alternative Limb Project
Oh my gosh so beautiful.
THOSE ARE SO COOOL!!!
I’d give an arm and a leg for one of those
- tonyw36 said:I'm surprised that R&D is split on whether to change the card back or not. I personally think it would be a terrible idea. I would make most everything with casual play terrible, especially with cube drafting or wanting to draft the new changed back sets with older sets. I see very little pros and numerous cons if the backs were changed
I happen to be on the con side but the pro argument has a lot of good points. The biggest is that our data shows that over 90% of player play in...
- nskkuzmich said:Re: non-evergreen creature keyword on one creature in normal expansions - I think your position on this question is just unwillingness to change. Everyone who cares about keywords would be happy, and other people will just read the card.
There is no reason to use a keyword on a single card. It just causes confusion.
- chainednbeaten said:Could you do a Drive to Work with your sister?
The one that lives in another state and has never driven with me to work ever? : )
- sm-fatty-report said:Maro, is there a chance that flash could be moved into red? I feel that flavour-wise the effect is very red, even if the "ambushing" gameplay isn't. That could be worked around by making the creatures who get it sub-par blockers, though. What do you think?
The color that has haste primary shouldn’t also have flash.
- jovianhomarid said:So a blue spell that draws cards with delve is bad design? Why?
I just wrote down the wrong thing. It’s a perfectly acceptable blue card design wise.
- mahlazertank said:In the future, what's the chance of seeing hybrid costs on cards, with the costs not sharing the same colors? Eg1: Card name 1(W/U)(U/B). Eg2: Card name 2 (W/B)(R/G). For example. The second card could be a spell that destroys a noncreature permanent
We’ve tried it and playtesting shows it really confuses some players.
- mymtgdreamz said:"Shroud is anti-magic keeping any magic from affecting it." Don't effects that don't target still affect it?
No one said it was perfect. : )