Lobster in a bucket looks like a gigantic monster on a metallic planet, and the waterdrops look like stars.
This is transcendental.
THIS FUCKED ME UP FOR 3 DAYS
I’m reading Accelerando by Stross right now and this image fits perfectly.
After my post yesterday, I need to post #Sakashima, the Imposter. And I’ll admit that HE (I get asked) is one of my favorite pieces ever. Did you notice he had a tail? #mtg #magicthegathering #illustration #oilpainting #kamigawa
New article series coming soon! (and emblems/tokens!)
Like a boss
As close as you will ever be to a nuclear explosion
THIS IS FUCKING TERRIFYING
No thank you.
The columns of smoke in the foreground are telephone poles boiling
This is way cooler to look at than it should be
Science side of Tumblr would like to add:
Heat is generally transmitted in 3 forms: conduction, convection, radiation.
The fact that the telephone poles and wires are boiling away well before the shockwave hits them indicates that the heat from the explosion has not reached them by convection (much slower than the speed of sound) or by conduction (at best, comparable to the speed of sound), but purely by radiation. In other words: the explosion is bright enough to boil everything.
reblogging again for what engineer—cat said
From Sophie de Oliveira Brata’s Alternative Limb Project
Oh my gosh so beautiful.
THOSE ARE SO COOOL!!!
I’d give an arm and a leg for one of those
- electricsundials said:I remember you saying once in a podcast that you should do something small every day to get yourself closer to your goal. So, what have you done today that gets you closer to killing Magic??
I had six and half hours of meetings today, each one getting us just a little closer. : )
- dragonoffreedom said:Why is 40 the minimum deck size for limited, while 60 is the minimum deck size for constructed?
Limited can use a smaller deck because more variance is built into it. Remember that originally, all decks were 40 cards but it proved a little to...
- redjujufish said:When will us Angel fans get some love :(
Angels won’t be gone forever. I recently kicked ass with an angel in a playtest. : )
- drendarmorevo said:Is there a chance we will ever see Tarmogoyf or Dark Confidant in a supplemental sealed product?
Like Modern Masters? : )
- mimwect said:Bounce tertiary with green, a la roaring primadix and the like?
Ooh, that’s right. Green does get to bounce it’s own creatures as a cost sometimes at upkeep.
- marobot5401 said:Do you think a set could use dragons the way Avacyn Restored did Angels? (Light Angel tribal elements, Angels at uncommon, an above-average number of rare/mythic Angels, etc.)
I think any of the iconics have a chance at that, dragons more so than the rest.